How to Switch to or Declare the Major or Minor

How do I declare the Anthropology major or minor?
In general, students need to meet two of the following requirements: 1) students must maintain a GPA of 2.0 or higher and 2) have taken at least two Anthropology courses taken for a letter grade here at UCLA: two lower divisions, two upper divisions, or one of each. Students who wish to declare the Anthropology major or minor should meet with the undergraduate advisor during drop-in hours or via appointment to discuss the process.


Eric Carnaje - Undergraduate Advisor

310-206-7833 (fax)

2013 - 2014 Drop-In Advising Hours:

located in 341 Haines Hall

Lemelson Undergraduate Honors Program

Founded by Professor Robert Lemelson, the Program strives to support the development of research and mentoring partnerships among undergraduate and graduate student anthropologists and faculty. To learn more, visit the Program website here.


Click here to receive updates about the program 




Course websites (@ CCLE)

Schedule of classes (@ the Registrar's Office)

Course descriptions (@ the Registrar's Office)